Part-time IT work needed (Zachary / Port Allen / Slaughter)
available evenings available weekends education completed: associates
QR Code Link to This Post
I'm looking to work evenings and/or weekends. I have a full-time career as an IT Manager for a public library; however, I am looking to supplement my income. I'd prefer that any position give me the chance to utilize my 20+ years of experience in IT; however, I am willing to consider other opportunities. I am physically fit, educated, and I have a great work ethic.
To clarify--if you have a decent-paying position that simply requires someone with brainpower and a good work ethic, then follow-up with me. I just want to add a little more money to my bottom line.
Partial Resume (full available upon request):
I am self-motivated, require little oversight, very conscientious, and enjoy accomplishing things in a timely manner. I appreciate an environment where I am given enough latitude to thrive and showcase my skillset and work ethic.
• Implemented a seamless VDI solution for patrons and staff by coupling Igel’s thin client software with VMware’s virtualization platform
• Built the infrastructure to accommodate virtualization—FreeNAS SSD-hybrid storage solution, 10Gb Arista switches, SPF+ Intel NICs, and iSCSI protocol
• Spearheaded a year-long project to replace our existing library automation system --“from idea to implementation,” including: developing an RFP & comparison matrix, collaborating with vendor’s project manager, extracting & formatting data for vendor’s DB team, procuring & configuring an additional ESXi server, and configuring VMs to run the new library automation servers (2017 letter of commendation by library director available)
IT MANAGER / SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR MARCH 2011 - PRESENT
• Manage and implement all aspects of library technology
Provide technical support for twenty+ employees and library patrons
Maximize the IT budget by utilizing E-Rate, purchasing directly from vendors, and utilizing our public library tax status to procure services and equipment at discounted rates whenever possible
IT CONSULTING / SMALL BUSINESS OWNER MAY 2008 – MARCH 2011
• Developed business from the ground up by consulting with prospective clients, specifically in the automobile tags and titles niche market
• Handled various networking and system installations, configurations, and support to provide VPN connectivity to State DMV office
CompTIA A+, Crystal Reports Advanced Training & VMware Certified Associate
Familiar with: DOS, Various MS Windows server and desktop operating systems, Active Directory, FreeNAS, Office 365, Crystal Reports, Untangle & WatchGuard Firewalls, VMware 6, VCenter, EnvisionWare, PC Reservation, Smart Control, Webroot AV, Cisco Meraki, Veeam, Faronic’s Deepfreeze, Blue Iris security camera software,....
it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers